Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32256 United States
Excellent Salary, benefits and reasonable hours (no evenings)
Full Time Pharmacy Manager
Job Purpose: Responsible for operations and management of compounding Natural Medicine Pharmacy adjoining multi-physician office.
• Hires, trains and supervises staff
• Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
• Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
• Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing pharmacy technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
• Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies and potential drug interactions.
• Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the State Board of Pharmacy, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Food and Drug Administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Works closely with medical professionals and, also, appropriate vendor representatives, to understand clinical approach to nutraceutical and vitamin product recommendations. Has adequate knowledge of the health and medicine benefits of nutraceutical and vitamin products frequently recommended by medical professionals and sold on-site in order to interface with patients/customers and address questions, make recommendations.
• Works with front-facing Pharmacy staff to best merchandise non-prescription nutraceutical and vitamin products.
• Contributes to Organization’s objectives for operational excellence and revenue growth by working with CEO and Medical Director to align long-term strategic initiatives with shorter-term, e.g. monthly and quarterly, tactical goals and objectives.
Reports to: CEO and Medical Director
Education, training, experience:
• Florida Licensure
• Minimum of three years experience
• Compounding and specialty pharmacy experience preferred
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
Terms & Conditions